Monday, April 9, 2007

Quilt Therapy Weekend!

I am back from my quilt therapy. What a wonderful time I had. On Friday after our arrival I headed to The Quilted Crow for the beginning of my therapy. I just love that store. Someone had asked me to take pictures of the store, something I did not do. However if you scroll down the link, you will see some amazing pictures of the shop. It is a small and quaint quilt shop. I always seem to find what I'm looking for. Their specialty is more of a Folk Art theme.

While perusing The Quilted Crow I couldn't help but think of Pam and how much she would enjoy this shop. Pam is interested in wool applique. What a wonderful selection of wool they have and the kits...! I saw this wool table runner that I couldn't resist. The sample was so cute that I had to acquiring it for myself. I am looking to have a table runner for each season and holiday and what better pattern to add to my small collection. This will be the first time I attempt to wool applique. The border is the only cotton fabric in this project. I will say that this shop has a way of presenting their kits. Everything is so neatly folded and displayed in the bag. Even their BOM are sent well organized and displayed. Each kit or BOM comes with a fabric guide sheet, pictures and all. I did look at the Feathered Star kit, but felt I had enough projects going. The colours were sweet in the kit and it was difficult to resist!

On Saturday I headed to Candlelite quilt shop. This is where I purchased a twin size wool batting. My first wool batting quilt is Yule Time Garden and what a wonderful cozy quilt it is for those cold winter nights. I decided to make a wool batting quilt for my daughter. The fabrics pictured were purchased between the two stores. As you can see, I didn't go overboard with my purchases. I just have so many projects waiting to be started that I couldn't see myself buying yet another kit.

I did purchased a Folk Art Welcome pattern (on the right side of the batting) for my brick wall in my kitchen. The quilt will look sweet on a forged iron holder, which is available at the quilt shop. I'm looking to make a wall hanging for each seasons and holiday. So far I have the Sheltering Tree completed (pictured along with the wall!). This was my first kit from the Quilted Crow. I have a few UFO seasonal wall hanging that are patiently waiting for me to pay attention to them. So many projects so little time!

Thanks for taking the time to read about my quilting therapy. Tomorrow I am going for a long over due massage. Marlene, the massage therapist that I have been going too for the past six (6) years, just works magic with her hands. This will be a hot stone massage and I am so looking forward to it. An hour and a half of pure bliss! I had a stressful day today and am so looking forward to this treat. Okay, I'm ready to open that bottle of wine.

Happy quilting everyone! Cheers!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I am soooooo envious! And can I just say, you have excellent taste?! I think everything you came home with would be more than welcome in my home! LOL! And a massage tomorrow? Lucky, lucky gal! LOL!

Darlene said...

Wowzer - what a great pile of treasures. Looks like two great visits to two great quilt stores. I'd love to visit the Quilted Crow! Sigh!

I'm sorry you've had a stressful day.

Pam said...

Oh - that kit looks so wonderful. I think I will have to do some long distance shopping at the Quilted Crow and buy myself a wool kit or at least some bigger pieces of wool and a pattern or two. I love to look through their online store.

I have heard that the wool batting is really nice to quilt and make a wonderful warm batting in winter and comfortable and cool quilt in the summer.

And the massage sounds so good -- and I am off to work tomorrow :(( Enjoy your massage day and your wine :))

Leigh said...

Wow Carole you must have had a ball! I love the bunny table runner and I adore the sheltering tree. I did a stitchery a bit similar to that . I'll see if I can find it somewhere and show you.

CONNIE W said...

Carole, It appears that you had some very nice quilt therapy sessions! Everything looks really great. And then, the massage, it sounds heavenly...added to the wine...my goodness...you will be all relaxed and ready for quilting for sure. ;)

Unknown said...

Why don´t we have so nice shops like that round here, well maybe better for my credit card! The wool, the kit, the fabrics, everything is gorgeous! Congratulations on being tagged by Leigh! Take care.

Wendy said...

I've done some long distance shopping at Quilted Crow in the past and loved everything, I'm so jealous of your shopping trip.
Have fun with the massage and wine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...